Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Freezer Jam

I was so excited to see all of the strawberry blossoms this year. Last Friday the kids and I picked enough strawberries to make a batch of freezer jam. I decided to make jam this year because so many strawberries went to waste or to the birds last year. There are still tons of strawberries left!
Yummy ripe strawberries!
I couldn't believe how easy freezer jam was to make. It is soo yummy. Nick has already eaten 1 and 1/2 jars.

6 comments:

Lori Sacks said...

That looks so yummy!! Great Job!

Casey said...

"Nick has already eaten 1 and 1/2 jars." ... for some reason, the first image in my mind was nick drinking it from the jars...and i would not be surprised if that is how he's been eating the jam.

Amber said...

You know your brother too well!

The Mechams said...

Yum, We love homemade jam. My kids won't eat anything but, homemade any more. Which puts us in a JAM when we've run out!

Kaitlin said...

for some reason this post reminds me of your house in brentwood.

Shelley Eggett said...

I'm impressed. I didn't know that strawberries grew so good around here. And Nick - Jam is for spreading on toast not for drinking :) I want your recipe Amber - will you e-mail it to me?? PLEASE :)