Christmas didn't seem like Christmas this year. There were no goodies baking, or Christmas music playing, or decorations hung (well not until about a week before Christmas). At first I felt guilty for not doing much this year for Christmas. I felt guilty for feeling so sick and for spending so much time with my pillow. I would read other blogs and see the cute crafts being made and the yummy treats being baked and become jealous. After much sulking I finally realized what Christmas is all about. I realized that we didn't need all the "fluff" (as my husband would call it) to feel the Christmas spirit. During Christmas we spent more time together as a family and focused more on Christ. This made me realize that I need to slow down and take time to be more connected to my kids. It was the first time I felt that being this sick was a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment