Thursday, June 12, 2008

Camping

You would think that since I grew up on a boat in the wilderness that I would be excited to go camping with my family. I have been putting off doing this and have used having babies as an excuse for not going. I finally gave in last weekend and went with a few other families from our ward. We made tinfoil dinners (I guess mine wasn't the typical kind. I made chicken with green beans and cherry tomatoes.) and all brought yummy desserts. The kids went on hikes, found birds nests, and kicked a cactus (which didn't end very well). It was fun catching up with everyone and listening to the kids sing songs, very loudly, around the campfire. Although we didn't stay the night (the reason will be in my next post) it was a lot of fun and we have now bought a 3 room tent so we can go to the ward camp out in July.

Mmmmmmmm harshmallows! (That is how Isaac says marshmallows)

No comments: