Friday, April 3, 2009

RadKID

Aubrey just graduated from a course at her school called RadKIDS. RadKIDS teaches kids how to Resist Aggression Defensively. Last night for her graduation she showed everyone what she had learned. She even had to fight off a police officer who was acting as a bad guy. Even though she told me she was really scared through the whole thing she did a great job. (It was scary for me as her mom to watch her be "attacked" like that.) I was very impressed with the program and at the same time very proud of my daughter. I am really glad she was able to be a part of it! Now she at least understands that there are strangers out there and what she can do to protect herself. Isaac especially loved it each time the police officer got "beat up" and I have to admit it was fun cheering on all of the kids while they "beat up" the bad guy too.


3 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

I was cheering out loud as I watched the video! Kent thinks I'm retarded :) Such a neat program, and such an adrenaline rush to watch all those kids do that. I got so pumped when Maleah did it. I wish they taught it every year just to refresh their memories.

Sachiko said...

That was impressive! I took self defense class at a martial arts studio last year where my kids attend, that really helped me learn a lot of things. It is a little scary, but I recommend everybody take a class like that!

Ashley Dawn said...

What a great program. I've never heard of that. Maybe we just don't have crime in Canada....jks.