Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yummy Oatmeal Pancakes

Not the best picture, but you get the idea! These pancakes quickly became a family favorite. I got them off of a blog I love (address below). My favorite is eating these topped with fresh strawberries.
YUMMY OATMEAL PANCAKES (http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com/)
2 c. quick oats
½ c. flour
3 T. sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 ½ c. buttermilk
2 large eggs (slightly beaten)
¼ c. butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
add cinnamon, optional
Combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and let sit for 20-30minutes, covered. Cook slowly on a griddle at 325°, or a little lower.The pancakes are easier to flip if they are not very big. Let the pancake cook through on one sideand then flip.

1 comment:

Teresa Gashler said...

As soon as I get oats, I'm going to try them. I love variations on the pancake. Thanks for sharing :)