Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

So Isaac woke up this morning complaining that his tummy hurt and that his legs hurt and then I asked him if maybe it was because he was nervous about starting school. He then looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "yes". I then explained how much fun school would be and that I would be with him for the first 30 minutes of it today. He then got excited and danced around for the rest of the morning. When we got to school he was still excited. We put together his binder, found his cubby and name tag, read a book together, and then did an art project. After that was all done I gave him a hug and told him to have a good day. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes and as I waited for him to tell me not to leave he instead said "when is recess?". Isaac is such a cute and funny kid and we are so proud of him. He came home from school so excited and not nervous or sad anymore. He was very excited to have played basketball all recess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

isaac, you are soooo cute. congrats on your first day of school. Hope you make lots of friends so you can play basketball at recess. Nick stay away from the peach jam.

Shelley Eggett said...

Oh this post made me teary eyed. I can just imagine his sweet little voice, I think we can all relate with having our tummy hurt when we're nervous for something it happens to me all the time. I can't believe he's old enough for Kindergarten