This weekend was not only Mother's Day, but it was Nick's mom's birthday. It is also his sister Casey's birthday on Wednesday. Because of these birthdays and the need to practice the cake I am doing for a wedding, I decided to make a smaller version. This is the first time I have ever worked with fondant. Instead of buying the expensive version I decided to try the marshmallow recipe. It turned out to be really easy and reminded me of playing with play dough. It took me about 12 hours from start to finish and I didn't get a chance to do the actual bow for the top. I also was trying to hurry things aren't as straight or perfect as they will be. The pictures aren't the greatest, but you can see what it looks like. Now I need to find a 12 inch cake pan for the bottom layer. The cake tasted really moist and yummy (it is from a doctored cake mix, if you want the recipe just let me know) and the fondant was actually pretty good. I still took it off because it got to be way too much sugar. Happy Birthday Daniele and Casey!! We love you!
1 comment:
Wow, that's impressive. 12 hours?!? You are one patient person. Looks great and yummy
Post a Comment