Monday, June 23, 2008

First Wedding Cake and more . . .

Okay so everyone has been wanting me to post pictures of my first wedding cake. It turned out really well, but it ended up taking about 2 days (with some breaks) and got a little frustrating at times. *Thanks to my sister for coming and helping with the kids.* When we delivered the cake the bride and especially the groom were very pleased with it and an inside source said it even tasted good. It was a really good learning experience, but I am glad to have it done.


I was also asked to make a ladybug cake and an individual cake for a 1st birthday party. I think birthday cakes are still my favorite cakes to make. They turned out really cute (with help of the mom) and I had alot of fun making them. Making cakes seem to be my way of relaxing (especially when the kids are in bed :).





5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the wedding cake, you did a great job!

Hall Family said...

You did a very good job. I was able to get out of doing two wedding cakes for my sisters. I love the decorating part of it, but that's it. I hate all the prep work and the clean up. You are so brave to do that with children in the house. I get the most done while the children are sleeping! :) The birthday cakes you did are cute too. Keep it up, you have talent.

Kaitlin said...

wow! i'm impressed with your wedding cake...it's beautiful!

The Talley's said...

The cakes are great! You do such a good job!

Amber said...

Thanks guys!